How to Create a One Year Marketing Plan You’ll Actually Use
It’s almost the New Year – time to plan your best year ever! And before you groan and flip to another page – no worries.
We’re going to make this the easiest, speediest marketing plan ever. After all – if you have to spend a week tediously writing out a 50 page plan – seriously, will you do it?
But anyone can take a few minutes and plan out how they are going to double, triple or quadruple their income over the next 12 months.
Ready? Let’s get stared:
1. Choose a goal. A big, fat, hairy, audacious goal is good, just as long as you BELIEVE you can reach the goal. Your deadline to reach this goal will be December 31st, 2017.
2. What are the strategies you’ll use to achieve this goal? You don’t have to know every step right now. But you do need to have a basic plan.
3. Tactics: what are 3 to 5 things you need to do to implement your strategy? For example, build a website, open social media accounts, create a lead magnet to build your list, etc.
4. The to-dos: these are the steps you’ll take to implement each of the tactics in #3 above. For example, to create a lead magnet you might write these steps: Brainstorm topics, choose one, do research, write/create lead magnet.
5. Timeline: How long it will take
Now create your 6 months goals. This is the halfway point between the first of the year and reaching your goals. This will let you know what you must accomplish by June 30th to be on track.
Next, create 3 month and 9 month goals. These are your quarter year marks, and again they tell you what you need to accomplish by those dates – March 31st and September 30th – to be on track.
Finally, create goals for January 31st and February 28th to also stay on track.
When it’s time, you’ll do the same on April 1st for April 30th and May 31st, and so on.
Finally, create a budget so you know how much money you’ll need, especially in the first 3 months. If you structure this correctly, your budget for the remaining 9 months will come out of profits.
That wasn’t so hard, was it?
Now you have a real plan on how you’re going to make 2017 your best year ever.
The only thing left to do is follow your plan and success is yours!